March 13, 2012
Latest from Lotus :
The Lotus Evora 414E Hybrid has been developed as technology demonstrator from Lotus Engineering, produces 414 PS (305 kW) of power, promises breathtaking performance from a highly efficient propulsion system. The concept showcases new developments in plug-in range- extended electric propulsion and new electronic technologies to enhance driver involvement.
The Evora 414E Hybrid has been designed to highlight Lotus’ innovative electric and hybrid vehicle technology without distracting from the pure sportscar character of the Evora.
- 0-60 mph / 97 km/h in around 4 seconds
- Total hybrid range of over 300 miles / 483 kilometres
- Eco mode or Sports mode featuring realistic 7 speed paddle shift with energy recuperation
- Next generation of Lotus and HARMAN intelligent pedestrian warning system, integrating the advanced HALOsonic sound synthesis system with video technology.
- Torque vectoring for improved dynamic stability
The range extended electric drive of the Evora 414E Hybrid consists of two electric motors driving each of the rear wheels independently via single speed geartrain, integrated into a common transmission housing, thus enabling torque vectoring for stability control of the vehicle. Electrical power is stored in a lithium polymer battery pack which is optimised for energy density, efficiency and high power demand and mounted in the centre of the vehicle for stability and safety. Additional range is provided by the Lotus Range Extender engine, an optimised 1.2 litre, three- cylinder engine, designed specifically for series hybrid vehicles. The drivetrain is designed to combine astonishing performance with efficient, low emissions driving.