January 07, 2012
Latest from Renault Clio RS 200 :
Download Test Renault Clio III RS 200. A first for Renault, and highly exclusive, even amongst the most expensive cars on the market today, Raider is finished in matt Renault i.d. paintwork. The choice of matt Stealth Grey or Diavolo Red is contrasted by a gloss black finish to the roof, rear spoiler, F1-style front blade, rear diffuser and door mirrors. This gloss black finish is also applied to the 18″ ‘Interlagos’ alloy wheels, one inch larger diameter than the standard 200 wheels. These are fitted with Bridgestone RE 050A tyres, as used on the record-breaking Megane Renaultsport 265 Trophy.
Naturally, the acclaimed Cup chassis is standard featuring a lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers, quicker steering ratio and red finish to the Brembo brake callipers. The exterior finish is rounded off by extra-tinted rear side and tailgate windows and a Raider badge.
A warm interior welcomes the driver. Leather upholstered Recaro seats are complimented by the zinc grey finish to the centre console and fascia inserts. Contrasting with this is a white rev counter. Bluetooth, USB connectivity, automatic climate control and Renaultsport carpet mats are also fitted. A numbered plate identifies the number in the 50 production run. Customers can order their Raider with a no cost choice of either Renaultsport Monitor – Renaultsport’s on-board telemetry system – or Carminat TomTom Live satellite navigation.
The Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider will be available to order from the end of October when further details and pricing will be announced.
New Renault Clio RS 200
- The Renaultsport Clio is one of our favorite hot hatches, and it has been given a bit of a mid-life makeover. The Clio RS 197 is now the Clio RS 200 and is available in two forms - the Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup and the Clio Renaultsport 200.
- New Renault Clio RS features the 'Sport' chassis which, like the car's acoustic performance, has been upgraded with a view to delivering an even higher standard of comfort. A range of appointments make this new sporting model from the Renault Sport stable truly unique, including a broad selection of body colours, interior trims, upholsteries (including leather) and aluminium alloy wheels.
- New Renault Clio RS accelerates from standstill to 100kph in just 6.9 seconds and covers the 1,000m standing start in 27.3s. The top speed of 225kph is 10kph higher compared with that of the former version.
- Power is provided by the normally-aspirated 2,0-litre lifted from the Clio RS. This four-cylinder unit develops 145 kW at 7 250 r/min and 215 N.m of torque at 5 500 r/min. Power is transferred to the front wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox.
- In response to customer demand, the suspension settings for both the standard car and the hard core, Cup set-up have been revised. To minimise weight, Clio Renaultsport 200's independent steering axis front suspension employs aluminum components and guarantees precise handling and outstanding traction whatever the conditions. The rear suspension is based on that of Clio 2009 and features a programmed deflection torsion beam which has been uprated by 25 per cent to complement the efficiency of the front's independent steering axis layout for precise, immediate turn-in.
- The front end takes after a similar look to the new Megane, and like the Clios before it, it does without any kind of spoiler, instead relying on a fully functional rear diffuser to help with the aerodynamics. The diffuser reduces lift at 130km/h by as much as 40kg.
- The revised design of the rear lights extends the waist line across the hatch, while the uncluttered approach to the design of the central part of the rear bumper further emphasizes the new Clio's dynamic stance. The reversing lights and fog lamps are positioned low down and to the extreme corners of the rear bumper. The whole body has been widened and early cars were a little tail happy in the wet.
- New Renault Clio's original lines have been revised with the accent on more athletic, telltale curves. The more aggressive front end incorporates an F1-type aerodynamic splitter and a generously-sized, low-positioned air intake, the mission of which is to cool the naturally-aspirated 2.0 16V engine (147.5kW/203hp). The sills, extractors and wider front and rear wings all serve to highlight the sporty calling of New Renault Clio RS which features Renault Sport's new styling identity cues with the Renault Sport Design Pack's two-tone colour scheme based on a choice of Gloss Black or Cold Metal Grey for the front bumper moldings, exterior mirror housings and diffuser. The aerodynamic enhancement gives the car an even meaner look, while customers can choose from a wider variety of look-at-me colors, contrasting with either black or anthracite-finish trim.
- New Clio RS 200 will be launched in the UK in May 2009 so why not book yourself a Test Drive.www.TopSpeed.sk, www.motorparks.co.uk.