January 01, 2012
Latest from Maserati :
Following tried and proven NOVITEC TRIDENTE tradition a supercharger is also employed to enhance the performance of the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale. The 4.7-liter eight-cylinder four-valve V engine drives the supercharger via a cogged belt. Maximum boost pressure is limited to 0.43 bar. To keep the charge-air temperature as low as possible, the supercharger system also includes a water-to-air intercooler connected to a dedicated water circuit with two heat exchangers that provides ideal temperatures.
- The conversion also includes a bigger intake manifold, larger injectors and newly calibrated mapping for the engine electronics. The new mapping coordinates the NOVITEC TRIDENTE high-performance components, and ensures a powerful and extremely linear power curve as well as exemplary engine longevity.
- The central air scoop in the NOVITEC TRIDENTE hood provides the supercharged engine with an optimal amount of combustion air. The hood is optionally available made from especially lightweight clear-coated carbon fiber. For optimal venting of the engine bay the hood, which also available individually without engine conversion, features two large air vents.
- To match the rear diffuser of the MC Stradale the tuner upgrades the butterfly-valve production exhaust system with two black-coated or polished tailpipes with a diameter of 105 millimeters.
- The complex supercharger conversion elevates the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale to a new performance level: with 646 hp at 7,500 rpm the NOVITEC TRIDENTE engine surpasses its root by 196 hp. Simultaneously peak torque grows to 460 lb/ft at 5,600 rpm. As is characteristic for a supercharged engine, the high-performance engine offers an extremely wide usable rev range from idle speed to the rev limiter.
- In combination with the six-speed automatic transmission, whose gears are shifted either via shift paddles on the steering wheel or automatically, the tuned lightweight-construction sports car delivers excellent performance: from rest the MC Stradale shoots to 62 mph in just 3.9 seconds and reaches a speed of 124 mph after just 11.4 seconds. Top speed is 190 mph but optionally available longer gearing makes speeds in excess of 205 mph possible.
- While the body of the top-of-the-line Maserati model remains unchanged with the exception of the hood, NOVITEC TRIDENTE upgrades the appearance of MC Stradale with a staggered custom-tailored tire/wheel combination that features 21-inch wheels in front and 22-inch alloy wheels on the rear axle. These staggered wheels further emphasize the wedge- shape design of the sports car.
- The three-piece NOVITEC TRIDENTE NM3 wheels with five double spokes are mounted on the front axle in size 9Jx21. Size 255/30 ZR 21 Pirelli P Zero high-performance tires transfer steering, braking and cornering forces. Excellent traction on the driven axle is provided by size 315/25 ZR 22 tires mounted on size 11.5Jx22 rims.
- The NOVITEC TRIDENTE ride-height lowering is specifically calibrated to the high-performance tires. Progressive sport springs lower the ride height of the coupe by some 25 millimeters, which benefits not only the MC Stradale’s appearance but also its handling that due to the lower center of gravity becomes even more agile.
- Naturally NOVITEC TRIDENTE also offers owners of a Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale the option of tailoring their vehicles precisely to their personal preferences. Exclusive interiors are crafted to utmost perfection from the finest leather and Alcantara in any desired color.
- For additional information please visit: www.novitectridente.com